Our Precious Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I get to make the first post - goodie!

3 posters

Go down

I get to make the first post - goodie! Empty I get to make the first post - goodie!

Post by E&E Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 7:25

For several years Ella and I were very active members of UK based Adoption and Fostering forum (http://familiesat.forumhope.com/). One of the best parts of the forum was the section for over 18s who had been adopted, fostered or in a Children's Home. The forum was a total lifesaver for Ella and I more than once!!

During the time we were members the forum slowly got quieter. Some long-time members moved on and the newbies seemed to happier lurking rather than posting. So the forum "owner" decided to relaunch the site but somehow she decided that relaunching meant deleting most of the massive archive of posts that members had made over the years!

When people complained she had a hissy fit, deleted all the rest of the posts and shut the forum down!!

E&E

Number of posts : 37
Mood : I get to make the first post - goodie! None
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

I get to make the first post - goodie! Empty Re: I get to make the first post - goodie!

Post by Boo (Sharmein) Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 10:44

hehehe Smiley 
Boo (Sharmein)
Boo (Sharmein)
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3146
Mood : I get to make the first post - goodie! Happy
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

I get to make the first post - goodie! Empty Re: I get to make the first post - goodie!

Post by Kerryw Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 11:34

forums seem to have thier ups and downs
Kerryw
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood : I get to make the first post - goodie! Angelic
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by E&E Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 11:54

I think it is becoming mega hard to keep a forum going. The pool of interested readers on most topics is quite small and now almost anybody knows how to set up a forum they do just that. So you get shed loads of duplication of provision and many almost lifeless forums.

E&E

Number of posts : 37
Mood : I get to make the first post - goodie! None
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum