Our Precious Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potty Training

5 posters

Go down

Potty Training Empty Potty Training

Post by Kirsten Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 12:29

How, where, when...help!!!
Kirsten
Kirsten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 515
Mood : Potty Training Angelic
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Potty Training Empty Re: Potty Training

Post by Joleen Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 9:35

I started my kids the summer that they were two around two and a half to be exact. I kept sending them to the toilet every half hour or so especially after they had had something to drink. It did not take long and then they grasped the concept. My daughter slept with a nappy and after a week of waking up with a dry nappy I put her into panties. In all the time I think she had two "accidents". Both cases she woke up and changed herself in the dead of the night. My son, was a totally different story.
Joleen
Joleen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 2987
Mood : Potty Training Cheerful
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://singlemomtwins.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:02

D trained just after his 2nd bday (26months to be exact) started potty training in the summer (January) and within a week he was completely off day nappies and about 4 months later he went off night nappies. 2 maybe 3 accidents.

W is almost 4 and still not potty trained, hoping to have him potty trained by the end of the year.
Lilly
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood : Potty Training Confused
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:11

I tried potty training my son at 2 but was a disaster. Tried again at 2.5 and within a week he was wee trained. A week after that, poo trained and off with day and night nappies at once. Never wet his bed once. My younger son just turned 2 and even though he shows signs of readiness, asking me to 'change him' after he has made a poo, Im not even gonna bother until he is 2.5. He has weed in the potty a few times and grabs the concept but I know what worked with my first son so Im sticking to that.
Zee
Zee
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3182
Mood : Potty Training Happy
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:12

Oh yes, read up on Dr Phil's potty training advice.....that is what worked for my son!!!
Zee
Zee
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3182
Mood : Potty Training Happy
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsten Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:14

Thanks ladies.

Abi is 16 months now and I thought it was too early to start her. Will revisit the potty training in January again.
Kirsten
Kirsten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 515
Mood : Potty Training Angelic
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz Tue 3 Jun 2014 - 10:58

Just take her with you to the toilet everytime you wee, I did that and told D I needed to wee, then in summer, I let him run around naked in the garden... We didn't really "potty" train as such, whenever we went to the toilet (DH and I) we also took him and let him try to go...

It worked very well he eventually just took his nappy off and went to wee.

With night nappies, I read that you needed to wait a few days for a dry nappy in the morning, it never happen, D just told us he didn't want a night nappy. We haven't had any accidents at night and maybe 3 during the day.

Haz

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Potty Training None
Registration date : 2013-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum