Our Precious Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles?

+6
Lilly
Playgirl
Mandri
Kerryw
Adele S
D
10 posters

Go down

Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Empty Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles?

Post by D Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 7:59

Good Morning. Annabelle will be 16 months on the 13th - just want to find out - do you still sterilize your kids bottles?? When do you stop? Also - when did your kids come off the bottle? Annabelle still uses her dummy and doekie religiously .... I have no problem with it - but when did you kids stop using them?

Thanx and have a great day!
D
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 630
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Cheerful
Registration date : 2012-05-08

Back to top Go down

Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Empty Re: Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles?

Post by Adele S Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 8:16

From what I remember most people stopped at a year but I could be wrong. I'm just going on my close friends

Adele S
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 735
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? None
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Empty Re: Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles?

Post by Kerryw Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 8:48

It is hard to stop but you can stop now - obviously wash well. We kind of saw the ridiculousness of it when they were crawling and touching the floor all the time but still drinnking from sterilised bottles with sterilised water Smile

Dummy - up to you, Connor gave his up at 6 months on his own (just spat it out), kian when the sleep trainer came at 9 months. A good friend of ours only got her daughter off at age 4 so what works for you goes.
Kerryw
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Angelic
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandri Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 9:01

I stopped around 1 year. Only wash it now.
Mandri
Mandri

Number of posts : 10058
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.mandri-poasaddict.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by D Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 10:21

Thanx guys!! I'm still doing the sterilized water as well - haha. As for the dummy - the school keeps on telling me she should be off it - they say I must cut a little tip off - and as the days go more and more - but she is still small man - I know its a bad habit but it helps a lot when she cries - I give her the dummy and she stops .... I think this is going to be harder for me than for her - haha.
How about the milk? I still have her on the formula .... when did you guys take your kiddies off the formula??
D
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Playgirl Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 11:10

She can go off formula from 12 months then they go on to growing up milk from nido or normal milk
Playgirl
Playgirl
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 1405
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Lurking
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:36

I stopped sterilizing at a year, pointless to continue, they crawl and touch all sorts of stuff and shove all kinds of things into their mouths. W once found an old bottle with left over milk under his bed and finished it Puke  Puke  Puke  Puke  Puke  nothing serious happened just an extra stinky nappy..

Both boys chucked the dummy on their own, to be honest they never really took it from word go, they also never got attached to certain items eg. blankies or teddies but the bottle I just left it, D chucked the bottle all on his own just after he turned 3 and W checked the bottle about a month ago and he turns 4 in July. Milk also, never limited their intake, if they wanted 2l per day I had no issue as long as they ate their 3 meals per day, both of them stopped drinking milk on their own, they now get their milk(calcium) with porridge/cereal, tea, yoghurt & cheese
Lilly
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Confused
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsten Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 7:02

We stopped sterilizing at about 1 year too. Bottles do get chucked in the dishwasher once a week for a really good wash though.
Abi went on Lactogen milk from 1 and first growth milk. Our pead said to have her on both, if she was just on cows milk we would need to put her on supplements or something as cows milk doesn't come with everything they need. :confuzzed 
Dummy!!! Ya that's a different story, i never wanted to a have a "dummy" child but Abi is addicted. We have started to try wean her off by taking it off her while she is awake and so far so good.
Kirsten
Kirsten
Uber Member
Uber Member

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 7:05

With the dummy it is up to you and her - don't let the teacher bully you. You can maybe move to only at home though.
Milk we switched to a stage 3 formula for after 12 months but eventually weaned them off it - too pricey.

Yup Lilly my boys were never too attached to anything - I always wondered if it would have helped them sleep better though Smile
Kerryw
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by D Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 14:21

Kerry - the final countdown! Before I forget - GOOD LUCK! Hope everything runs smoothly and enjoy every second welcoming you LG into this world!!
Thanx guys
D
D
Uber Member
Uber Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alleycat Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 13:25

Try the parmalat growing milk when you go over, I have 12L left then I am putting gen over to normal milk

dummy hmmmm I am not worried about it yet, I think at Gen's school they only start taking it away from next year onwards not sure, but during the day she does not really bother with it and at school they really only give it to her when she goes down for a nap
Alleycat
Alleycat
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4372
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 15:17

Kirsten you should start with extra supplements when they start on solids they do get vitamines & minerals from food (healthy balanced diet) but its not nearly enough because the soil its grown in is depleted and fruit/veg get picked before it is naturally ripe unless you going with organic.. from age 1 milk is no longer considered as "food" that is why it the "best" time to switch to cows milk and it is a great source of calcium.
Lilly
Lilly
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 10908
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Confused
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by elleznom Wed 16 Apr 2014 - 7:20

I stopped sterilising bottles and dummies at 1 year, then I just washed it in the dishwasher.
Both were breastfed and then went straight to parmalat first growth from 1 year. Didn't last too long, then normal cow's milk.

Joshua went off the dummy at about 21 months and off the bottle at 2y4m. Marilé stuck to the dummy a bit longer, I think she went off just after she turned 2. Bottle she left very easily and quickly around the same time, possibly even before the dummy (scary how I can't remember this with her).  :Shocked  But I know she was on the dummy longer than Joshua and off the bottle much earlier.
elleznom
elleznom

Number of posts : 14867
Mood : Do you still sterilize your baby's bottles? Tired
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nix Fri 9 May 2014 - 9:05

i stopped sterilizing at 6 months when solids was started. pead adviced it
Nix
Nix
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4142
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum