Our Precious Moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

round 2 of antibiotics

+5
Gabby
Haze
Landie
Doogz
Eileen
9 posters

Go down

round 2 of antibiotics Empty round 2 of antibiotics

Post by Eileen Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 13:09

2 weeks ago to the day Kayla was couging badly, Dr found nothing too wrong with her except a post nasal drip. By the Friday she was worse she she gave me antibiotics. Last week Wed she finished those and on Thursday morning she woke up with a raging fever. School phoned for me to fetch her and thank God for Cathy beacuse she fetched her and dropped her at my MIL.

The lady GP was not in on Thurs so I saw my other GP who said it could be viral so maybe we should just wait it out, he called me on Fri to see how she was and she had no more fevers. Last night I was up from midnight with this child who coughed she actually was crying ''ouch" when she coughed. Phone him today and he said take her in. Her chect is worse so we are on new antibiotics! :Mad

I hate drugging kayla so much!
She was on antiobiotics in Dec for tonsilitis and in the past 2 weeks she has had:
10 days of Illiadin
1 bottle of Sinumax
1/2 bottle of Bisolvin
4 days of Vibrosil nose drops
Nurophen
1 antibiotic

I feel so terrible for her system!
Eileen
Eileen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 6858
Mood : round 2 of antibiotics Happy
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

round 2 of antibiotics Empty Re: round 2 of antibiotics

Post by Doogz Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 13:51

Awh shame poor lil nunu...
Ever since Brit started school she has also been getting so darn sick!!!
Eileen are you giving her any multivitamins???
Im seriously thing of changing the viral guard that Brit is on!
Doogz
Doogz
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 5441
Mood : round 2 of antibiotics None
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Landie Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 13:54

same here girls. last year dr told me to put them on sportron. Im really considering it! Its expensive but at least not so much as dr bills and meds everymonth.
Landie
Landie
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 5144
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 14:28

oh no - get better soon beautiful girl

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8720
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 16:09

Doogz Kayla takes Creche Guard.
Eileen
Eileen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 16:18

Hope she gets better soon xxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby Mon 7 Feb 2011 - 18:41

Eileen, it's like this when they start school. It's horrible.

It probably was a viral thing to start off with and now there's a secondary infection in her chest.

Shame I hope she gets better soon. There's is nothing more draining and heartbreaking than a sick baby.

dont stress about flooding her system with meds... you have to do what you have to do to get her better.
Gabby
Gabby
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 4813
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Des Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 6:17

og no man E! Shit, i hope this is the last now!
Des
Des
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 3478
Mood : round 2 of antibiotics Bored
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope852 Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 6:27

Shame man Eileen - this almost makes me want to wait a little before putting him in a creche
Hope852
Hope852
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 6545
Mood : round 2 of antibiotics Devilish
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DJMommy Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 6:53

Oh shame man. It reallly isnt nice when the tiny humans (love that expression - from Greys!!) are ill.
Hope this is it!
DJMommy
DJMommy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 15278
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://myttclife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 7:38

You know what hope, whether you do it now, when he's two or when he's three, he's going to have to build up immunity against the bugs that are flying around. But rest assured that because he's got two siblings who bring home bugs from school, he's probably built up some defenses already

When Nicholas got so sick in December I was tempted to get a nanny cos I blamed the fact that he was at a day mom for him getting sick. But he paed said to me that having a brother who is at school is just as good as him being in a day care - the number of kids they're exposed to is irrelevant.

It just pisses me off when parents send their kids to school after having fevers, vomiting or whatever the night before. Those are the ones who spread disease!

I never send my kids if they've had a fever, rash, runny tummy or vomiting in the past 24 hours. But you get parents who do...

I mean one of my friend's little boy was vomiting on Sunday at a braai we were at and true's bob he was at school yesterday - Cameron's school nogal. I expect my friends (educated people) to know better. Being nosy, I smsed her this morning to ask how he is and she said still not right - bit of a temp in the night but he's at school!!! Luckily he's in the baby class and Cameron doesnt play with him. If she wasnt my friend, I'd tell the principal
Gabby
Gabby
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope852 Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 8:56

Gabby I know those parents - I had them when Morgan was in Creche and still today the parents that send their kids to school with LICE!!! ffs man I am constantly sending her to a lady here called "BUG BUSTERS" to sort her hair out and if I find any in her hair she stays out of school until she gets a certificate of clearance (so to speak) from the lady she goes to. What happens if Trent gets it? I can't exactly use lice shampoo in his hair can I? :Mad

As far as sending Trent to creche perhaps this is just me making excuses to keep him a baby for just a little while longer. Morgan grew up sooo amazingly fast after I sent her to creche :Embarassed
Hope852
Hope852
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 13:40

Kayla's teacher has now been booked off so I think it's going around.. the JHB weather has been so up and down I am not surprised by all the illness.
Eileen
Eileen
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 13:59

I don't agree with parents sending their kids to school while they are sick BUT having said that a lot of the common snots and sniffels going around are contagious BEFORE there are any symptoms, so in all fairness sometimes the kids actually pass it on before they are actually sick...

Take chickenpox for an example, it's contagious from a few days BEFORE the spots appear...

D was a bit snotty last week and I called his teacher and told her he had a runny nose and she said bring him, all the kids are snotty now.... He was perfectly fine besides his snotty nose... no temperature, eating normal just a bit of a runny nose, clear and not all milky or green... and it turned out he had tonsiliits, I took him to the dr cos I was going and felt like death (dh had to drive me cos I was knocked off my feet) and asked her to check him out cos he was snotty for a week.... She let me look at his throat and it was red, swollen and had pus on it (YUCK) - he even had to take antibiotics for the first time :Sad ....

So yes I may be guilty of sending him to school when he was sick but you if your kid doesnt have a temp, is eating/sleeping/playing normally for some parents that don't have a DW (luckily I do) or have someone to watch the little ones during the day - its virtually impossible to keep kids at home for a snotty nose

Haze
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8720
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hope852 Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 6:20

Haze I remember the rule at Morgan's creche was as long as the runny nose is clear and not green then they can go to school - so yes obviously within reason
Hope852
Hope852
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerryw Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 7:00

Hase we had the same thing the boys have had clear snotty noses for 2 weeks now. Tried the nose drops that you can only use for 5days in a row no improvement. But now they are coughing so off to the dr.

Eileen I think it really is going round.

I think schools these days need a sick class for the mommies who have no nanny at home and work. SO they keep the sickies separate.
Kerryw
Kerryw
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Number of posts : 8763
Mood : round 2 of antibiotics Angelic
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 7:21

The thing is that children who are not well are not up to the morning at school and should be home getting better.

Of course I understand that kids have snots 70% of their life and it can happen that you send them to school not knowing they are really ill. I did it with cameron once - thought it was just allergy-related snots (as he often has) and it was tonsillitis.

But think green snot, fevers, rashes, vomiting, lethargy - come on!!!
Gabby
Gabby
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down